Article IV, Section 4
The Secretary shall:
- Assume the duties of the Vice-President in the event of they assume the Presidency, or in the absence, illness, or death of the Vice-President;
- Record and keep accurate minutes of meetings of the membership and the Steering Committee;
- Assist the President in handling the correspondence of the organization;
- Perform other duties as delegated by the President, or assigned by the Steering Committee;
- Perform duties of the office as required by the Labor-Management Reporting and Disclosure Act.
- Create a regular publication of a newsletter to all members and the production of press releases (subject to the approval of the President and, where appropriate, to the approval of KAPE);
- Assist the Communication Committee, as needed; and
- Work to ensure a smooth transition of duties and knowledge.